The Allie's

The Allie's

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Corbin's 1st 5k

I have recently started running and completed my first 5k on Thanksgiving day. It didn't go as well as I would have liked. The weather was awful, cold and rainy. Corbin really wanted to do it with me (he hates feeling like he is missing out on something). But, I didn't want to try that with my first one so I promised him we would find one to do. So, the next weekend, Republic had a 5k on a Friday night, The Reindeer Run. Corbin and I did this one together. Turns out, Corbin wasn't really into running, so we walked most of it. But I was so proud of him for doing it with me. He told us right before the race that he was tired and he ended up having strep the next day. As you can tell from this picture that was taken before the race he just wasn't 100%. That makes me even more proud of him for doing it. He was really excited when daddy, Pop, Grandma and Max were cheering for him as we neared the finish line. I can't wait until Max is older and I can do more 5ks with both of my boys.

No comments: