The Allie's

The Allie's

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Max is here!

Today was a great day for us! We welcomed our second child today. Max Cooper Allie arrived at 8:27 am via c-section. He weighed 8 lb. 10 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. He was born with a full head of brown hair which was very surprising to us since Corbin was bald until he was about 18 months old. The c-section went very well despite being put on hold for a few emergencies with other patients. We were scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 6:00 am. On the way to the hospital I realized that I forgot my pre-registration card so we had to go back and get it. Therefore, we didn't arrive until about 6:15. Once we got there they put us in a room and got me hooked up to the monitors. My IV was started and I took all that yucky medicine they make you take. Around 7:00 my parents arrived with Corbin. He wasn't sure what to think about me being hooked up to all that stuff. My in-laws arrived around 7:15. They wheeled me back to the OR around 7:30 which is what time my c-section was scheduled to take place. Once I got back there the anesthesiologist was called to another OR for an emergency c-section. So I sat around and chatted with the nurses in the OR. Once the anesthesiologist came back my doctor was called away to do a delivery for the doctor who was with the patient in the other OR. So once again we were put on hold. Things finally got started around 8:00. During the surgery the doctors were talking about vacations and scuba diving. It was a little weird to hear them talking about that while I was being operated on. Finally Max arrived and he was perfect. His apgars were 8 and 10. Once we got to recovery he was able to meet his big brother, all of his grandparents and his great-grandma and great-grandmpa Amass. He is so loved already! He nursed well right away! After a few hours there we were taken upstairs to a semi private room. Luckily we were able to get a private room a few hours later. Max had many visitors throughout the day including Marc, Deana, Brandon, Connor, Karen and great-grandma and great-grandpa VanStavern. We were happy to show him off! His big brother loves him so much already. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family!


Here is the last preggo picture, just before we left the house.


Ryan getting ready to watch the big event.


Photobucket

Dr. Hill showing off Max


Photobucket

Our first family photo of the 4 of us.


Photobucket

No comments: